Sunday, August 3, 2014

Week 5 Reflections Digital Games

As a child and even today, I never had a passion for video games.  Although long ago, I loved playing Pac Man!

This week I had the opportunity to explore the Playful Learning website which was fantastic!  It is nice to have a site that has so many opportunities to research and explore at the same time.  I also liked the review feature as well.  This is a site I will definitely share with my staff.  I played a game that reinforced the concept of plural nouns.  You had to punch the correct noun that completed the sentence.   This is a game that definitely reinforces a Common Core standard for students.  It was fun and engaging.  I also liked learning about the other games people played and their reviews.

My philosophy on digital games in schools is very simple, it must have a connection to the curriculum that is taught within the classroom.  It may be a critical thinking game, content based, or artistic.

This year, I will be sending out a weekly blast to parents about digital games or Apps. that support or enhance learning at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment